If you want the fish taste without the health risks that can come with real fish (such as cholesterol, mercury and heart disease), I highly recommend trying out TOFU fish! This is super easy to make and gives you heaps of awesome nutrients from the tofu, seaweed and the chippies!
Tofu: Good source of protein (contains all 8 essential amino acids), iron, calcium, manganese, selenium, phosphorous
Seaweed (nori): Iodine, calcium, magnesium, B12, amino acids
Potato: Fibre, iron, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, zinc, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6
Salt + pepper
1. Cut into desired thickness
2. Lay evenly on baking paper on an oven tray
3. Drizzle over olive oil and salt and mix the potatoes around so they're all covered
4. Bake on 180 until cooked through (roughly 20 minutes, depending on thickness)
1. In a bowl, mix together the cornflour, salt and pepper
2. Cut your tofu into desired shape
3. Cut pieces of nori into the same shape
4. Place the tofu in the bowl of cornflour and cover so you can shake it around. Shake until the tofu is covered in the cornflour mix
5. Place one of the nori sheets on each of the tofu pieces. You will need to 'glue' it on with some soy milk
6. Shallow fry your 'fish' in olive oil, a few minutes each side until it's crispy
Hopefully the fish and chips are ready at the same time, in which case you're now ready to serve, eat and enjoy!