We are constantly learning new things about food! Foods we once thought were unhealthy, foods we used to think were healthy. New information is constantly challenging our belief systems. This rings true when it comes to eggs! Asides from being a risk of salmonella (over half a billion eggs were recalled in 2010 due to salmonella outbreaks, yuck!) eggs are also high in cholesterol. Eating even one egg a day may exceed the safe upper limit for cholesterol intake in terms of cardiovascular disease risk!
BUT! Luckily there are SO many HEALTHY alternatives these days, we don’t even need to consume eggs anyway! Baking without eggs is super easy and now we have even recreated scrambled eggs!
Now I wont lie to you, this recipe isn’t going to taste exactly like scrambled eggs but it definitely resembles it and it is DEFINITELY delicious!
1/3 block of firm tofu
½ TBS Nuttelex
1 tsp black salt*
1 TBS nooch (what dahell is nooch?)
- Using a fork mash the tofu into little chunks
- Add the tofu and Nuttelex into a frying pan
- Mix around for 5 minutes or so until the tofu has soaked up the Nuttelex
- Add nooch and mix in – you can also add some ordinary salt and pepper here
- Just before serving the tofu add your black salt. You want to leave this till last as the longer it cooks the more taste it loses
- Serve up on some toast, add it to a big breaky, you can even add spring onion and other things to fancy it up! Now you have the basic scramble tofu recipe, you can do whatever you like with it!
I've served it with Bodhi's bread. This bread is super yummy and full of good stuff. It's also WA owned!
Amazing beautiful photograph by: Spencer Guy and Co